Premium Polyester Resin
Premium Polyester Lay-Up Resin
- Shipping infoWe deliver worldwide
- Payment methods
- Return PolicyWe accept returns
Our polyester resin is a Iso blend resin, this is a perfect no-run, no-sag resin for marine repairs and boat construction. Iso resin is more flexible and waterproof then your traditional 100% polyester resin. Ideal for repairing hulls, decks, cabins, and tanks. Good for repairing all boat surfaces. It is mixed with MEKP catalyst to harden. This resin is a low profile resin that does not need wax for it to dry tack free. This is the resin that most of the boat builders use when building new boats. Recommended you add hardener at 1% or 10cc per quart. This gives you approximately 20 minutes of working time.
We offer three different sizes of hardener with your resin.
The 15cc is enough hardener for a quart at 2%.
The 30cc is enough hardener for a gallon at 3/4%
The 60cc is enough hardener for a gallon at 2%.
If you are glassing below 75 we suggest getting the 60cc per gallon that way you do not run out of hardener.
Please check the mek chart prior to ordering so you get the right amount of hardener. If you have any questions please contact us and we will be happy to help. 772-464-0808
Call for Drum Prices
- Weight0.75 LB
- Dimensions (L x W x H)6 x 6 x 12 IN
- VideoThere is no video related to this product yet
- Availabilityin stock
- Select AmountHalf-Pint, Pint, Quart, Gallon
- Select OptionI already have hardener, 15cc hardener, 30cc hardener, 60cc hardener
- Tim GraySep 12, 2015, 16:42I really like working with the folks at FSD. They are always friendly and helpful. In addition, my orders arrive within 2 or 3 business days - even on Saturdays occasionally. Prices are always very reasonable. I'm so glad they ship. I can't find anyone in the Charlotte area that sells the stuff I can get from FSD. Thank you FSD.
As for the polyester Resin, I like the way it works. I like the way it sets up. I like the way it absorbs.
Works better than any other polyester resin I've used, but being fair, until this resin, I've only used the cheap stuff that you get from the auto parts store or Lowe's, etc.
- Thomas RobertsonSep 12, 2014, 18:12After using the store bought garbage, this stuff was like working with heaven.
- WilliamJun 21, 2014, 02:01I purchased several gallons for my boat rebuild. It worked very well! Dried to a rock hard finish. I did not add any wax, but this stuff wan't tacky at all.
Being impatient, I mixed it with large amounts of catalyst, and still had plenty of working time.
- aaron wadeMay 3, 2013, 19:06first time making a part this stuff worked great
excellent for a first time user.I used a kitchen scale and a cc cup from a medicine bottle.I could not be more pleased with the resin or the tech support I received from F S D
- James UbanksDec 31, 1969, 19:00This resin was perfect for my project. Dried to a hard finish. I sanded it and put on my gelcoat. Perfect Thanks!!
We accept the following payment methods:
To replace this text with your store's actual info on payment methods, go to "Catalog -> Product tabs" and edit the Payment methods page.
Here you can provide information as to what products can be returned, how many days your customers have to return their purchase, whether they will receive a refund in the original form of payment, a replacement or a store credit, who pays for the shipping of the previously purchased products to the store, and so on.
To replace this text with your store's actual return policy, go to "Catalog -> Product tabs" and edit the Return Policy page.
Customers who bought this product also bought
GELCOAT WHITE WITH WAX
Fiberglass Cloth 10oz TapeOut of stock
Fiberglass Cloth 10oz x 60" Plain WeaveOut of stock
Customers who viewed this product also bought